Diathermy and laser technologies extensively used in laparoscopic surgery result in smoke plume generation. Surgical smoke not only inhibits the surgeon's view of the operative site but also potentially contains biological pathogens (bacteria, viruses and cancerous cells) as well as chemical toxins.
The laparoscopic smoke filter enables simple, safe and effective removal of this surgical smoke.
- Sterile, single use convenience
- 99.99995% filtration efficiency
- Activated charcoal ensures the removal of noxious chemicals and related odour
- Roller clamp allows the convenient, rapid, surgeon controlled smoke clearance with minimal loss of pneumoperitoneum
- Comfortable, unobtrusive, lightweight, low torque tubing
For more information please visit the Purple Surgical website.