John Weiss & Son Ltd has built its reputation on the ability to invent and manufacture instruments based on the ideas and requests of surgeons worldwide. The Company’s origins extend back to the 18th Century when John Weiss, an Austrian immigrant, arrived in London and formed the Company in 1787. His skills as a Master Cutler and Instrument Maker were soon widely acclaimed, and he received much recognition, including Royal Honours, for his innovation and craftsmanship.
From the original showroom and workshops in the Strand to Oxford Street, Wigmore Street and now the heart of England in Milton Keynes, the Company has strived to adapt and evolve to the ever changing needs of the surgical discipline. Weiss continues to be the leading brand domestically and successfully exports to over 40 countries worldwide. Now with the international backing of the Haag-Streit Group of companies, the product range has expanded to over 3000 instruments for Cataract, Cornea, Oculoplastic, Vitreoretinal and Middle Ear Surgery.3
For more information please visit the John Weiss website.