How can you store and access electrocardiograms (ECGs) in the same location as all other cardiology procedures? By implementing McKesson's Web-enabled ECG management solution, which fully integrates with McKesson's Horizon Cardiology™ cardiovascular information solution.
The ECG Management solution from McKesson is a centralised diagnostic system that gives clinical and administrative staff rapid and flexible access to data. Since it is fully integrated with Horizon Cardiology™, multimodality data retrieval is seamless. Physicians and technicians can review recent ECGs in the cardiology labs, improving critical information workflow when and where it is needed the most. Furthermore, the module's Web-enabled functionality allows physicians to confirm ECG exams from
The system can store millions of procedures, and it supports simultaneous functionality, including reading and reporting, by multiple users across the enterprise and remote users via the Web.
Enhanced Clinical Features
McKesson's ECG Management solution utilises a proven algorithm,1 which combines patient demographics and specific clinical information (gender, age, race, medication and clinical classification) with the presenting ECG waveform to produce clinical diagnosis statements and measurements in addition to the cart diagnosis. The solution allows users to:
- Compare automatically the findings of the current procedure with up to three previous ECG procedures
- Examine the waveform with extended tools including median beat, caliper screen and superimposed views
- Edit patient demographics, per-lead measurements and interpret the procedure using the algorithm based on modified information
- Improved information workflow through access to ECGs and cardiology procedures
- Complete Web viewing and reporting from any location, at any time
- Extensive search options on a single database
- Read and report via a Web client
- Import ECGs from a wide range of ECG carts
- Compare any other ECG exam with the current one
- Transmit exams using familiar methods (modem, network connection or portable media)
- Monitor exams for all departments from one location
- Customise the application according to specific site requirements and user preferences
For more information please visit the McKesson website.